Friday, March 30, 2012

Tarot Card Reading

New Orleans is famous for a lot of things
Cajun food
Bourbon Street
beads
great jazz
it is also known to have voodoo

now, I am extremely respectful of all religions especially ones that could potentially cast out bad juju for disrespect. As we are touring Bourbon street and people watching we decide to enter into a Voodoo shop. You can purchase herbs, amulets, dolls, books and a whole lot of other stuff dealing with the practice of voodoo. All around they have idols in place for various idols. It was very interesting to speak with knowledgeable people on the subject. They had everything you could imagine you might need.

They also had a Tarot Card Reader

Now, the store was very crowded and I didn't want to have everyone and their dog witness, so we made our exit and then found another shop down the way. My friend J was drawn in by a shirt in the window, and then we realized that you could also get your Tarot Card Read.

I was in luck, he threw in a palm reading as well. I wish i would have recorded the session, because I am a skeptic at heart, and well he was spot on.
He asked my my name and where I was from and that is it.

Here is a breakdown of what he said

hard worker, but doesn't like to give up control
I hold things in, then I will burst kinda like a volcano
I'm in my head alot, and need to give myself a break
I need to tap back into my emotions, and not store them in a box
That if I don't accept change, then mother earth will change it for me and in the next 2 years give or take, big changes are going to happen in my life.

I'm not in the job I want to do for the rest of my life, but I don't yet know what it is
That I have to take a leap of faith

My friend J was squirming in her seat because she wanted to burst out that he was spot on!


VIA
If you never had a reading before, do yourself a favor and have one. Not only is it fun, but it is also sometimes spot on. I'm glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment