Thursday, May 17, 2012

toothpick


I guess my first clue as to why the above jeans were not for me should have been in it's name

a goal for turning 30 is to be a little bit more put together yet still look casual and although I have found some great pieces, I am trying to venture out into the world beyond black.

It's really a staple in my wardrobe, maybe even a crutch
so low and behold, a new fad of bright skinny jeans starts cropping up in some awesome jewel tone colors and I secretly pink puffy heart love them. Problem is, my 12 years of playing soccer legs do not love the skinny jeans back.

I love J Crew, I do, and I went in there yesterday attempting to add to my wardrobe. Needless to say after taking 15 items to the dressing room, I left with nothing.
It was not my day, they didn't even have the colored cardigan I went in specifically looking for.
The poor sales girl, running back and forth, with no sale at the end.

I guess you really have to be a toothpick to wear toothpick jeans
alas
I'm not a toothpick, probably never will be
I have calves and I have hips
and I'm damn proud of my strong legs

so maybe just maybe it's not my season at J Crew, I will still love you no matter what and I love the colors you have out there, but I will keep checking back in because sometimes it's just a luck of the draw.


breaker breaker one nine wardrobe less

No comments:

Post a Comment